We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
At BBVA we are leading the transformation of banking worldwide, united in pursuing our goal of bringing the age of opportunity to everyone. Firmly focused on the future, our on-going digital transformation is already producing disruptive innovations that power our vision of banking.
We are a bank with more than 130,000 employees worldwide (54% women) and 72 million customers.
Our values define our identity and are the lever that helps us to realize our purpose: The customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
About the position
BBVA is looking to hire an M&A Associate, to join a very successful M&A team and help with execution of mandates across the buy and sell-side. There is a very healthy balance of Iberia and cross-border deals, allowing the team great exposure across an evolving landscape.
- Being involved in all aspects of originating and executing client transactions
- Transaction origination including market screening, analysis of investment opportunities, management of databases, and assistance in preparing client presentations
- Company valuation, including assistance in conducting valuation analysis of specific companies including most common valuation methodologies (DCF, Transaction multiples, Trading multiples)
- Transaction execution, including assistance in the elaboration of transaction documents (teasers, information memorandum) and data room management, being fully part of the execution team)
- 3-4 years of experience in M&A
- Product experience in M&A preferably with IBEX 35 corporates and/or Financial Sponsors
- Strong understanding of the M&A process
- Very strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and team player
- You have the ability to create new business relationships
- You consider yourself a person with initiative
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
Our commitment with diversity
At BBVA we believe that having a team made up of people with different ways of looking at the world and facing each challenge makes us a better bank.
For this reason we actively support diversity and inclusion and we want to invite you to send your application regardless of your race, sex, age, sexual condition or country of origin, experience, studies ... and we cultivate a collaborative and inclusive work environment that allows us to show the best of ourselves.
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.