Liability Management DCM
At BBVA we are leading the transformation of banking worldwide, united in pursuing our goal of bringing the age of opportunity to everyone. Firmly focused on the future, our on-going digital transformation is already producing disruptive innovations that power our vision of banking.
We are a bank with more than 130,000 employees worldwide (54% women) and 72 million customers.
Our values define our identity and are the lever that helps us to realize our purpose: The customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
The Global Liability Management Group originates and executes a broad range of strategic fixed income solutions for a multitude of debt issuers ranging from Corporates, Finacial Institutions, Sovereign across all BBVA geographies. The Liability Management Group sits at the intersection of Capital Markets, Global Finance and Syndicate helping issuers create more efficient capital structures.
This role is very much for a candidate with a strong excel modelling background with working knowledge of Bloomberg, looking to build their experience on the sell side whilst focusing on debt capital markets products.
In addition to strong interpersonal and communications skills the role requires advanced quantitative skills:
- Building tailor made financial models.
- Perform Cash flow modelling and bond economics, including NPV.
- Strong understanding of macros/VBA.
- Interest and ability in bond math and relevant cash flow analysis including corporate finance.
- Engineering, Maths, Computer Science, Chemistry, Economics
- CFA Desirable , Msc Quantitative Finance
- English C1-Advanced.
- Spanish B2-Upper Intermediate (Desired).
- At least 2 years working in front office. Risk roles will also be considered
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize competing demands in a high paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, responsive and able to work both independently and as a team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility and dedication to work along side senior management to pitch to client product ideas.
- You have the ability to create new business relationships.
- You consider yourself a person with initiative.
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments.
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
Our commitment with diversity
At BBVA we believe that having a team made up of people with different ways of looking at the world and facing each challenge makes us a better bank.
For this reason we actively support diversity and inclusion and we want to invite you to send your application regardless of your race, sex, age, sexual condition or country of origin, experience, studies ... and we cultivate a collaborative and inclusive work environment that allows us to show the best of ourselves.
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.