Leveraged & High Yield Syndicate
At BBVA we are leading the transformation of banking worldwide, united in pursuing our goal of bringing the age of opportunity to everyone. Firmly focused on the future, our on-going digital transformation is already producing disruptive innovations that power our vision of banking.
We are a bank with more than 130,000 employees worldwide (54% women) and 72 million customers.
Our values define our identity and are the lever that helps us to realize our purpose: The customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
In BBVA C&IB we are looking for a candidate who will join the department of Global Finance in our office in London. The succesful candidate will carry out the following tasks:
- Expand market analytics and high yield weekly content.
- Increase frequency of updates to active high yield issuers.
- Expand number of issuers receiving pricing updates.
- Support syndicate and origination in pitch preparation.
- Develop pitching skills.
- Provide capital structure analysis and structuring ideas.
- Provide covenant analysis and negotiation views.
- Comfortable executing mandates.
- Provide support to junior learning.
- Grow into more senior, client facing role to back up syndicate and origination.
- Take on responsibility for selected clients.
- Build relationship with sales, trading, research.
- Support sales & research in investor marketing.
- Attend leveraged finance and high yield industry events and build network.
- Attend leveraged finance and high yield focused seminars to develop know how.
- Function as point of contact for other originators and bankers in leveraged finance and high yield questions.
Required Know How
- Fluent English, additional European language a plus.
- Good understanding of trading and fixed income metrics.
- Credit analysis.
- Capital structure analysis.
- Financial structuring advice.
- Understanding of both financial covenants (loans) and bond covenants (incurrence based).
- Good understanding of ratings.
- Knowledgeable of European investor base and roadshow structures.
- Comfortable reviewing legal documents.
- Confident to execute mandates.
- You have the ability to create new business relationships.
- You consider yourself a person with initiative.
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments.
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
At BBVA we believe that having a team made up of people with different ways of looking at the world and facing each challenge makes us a better bank.
For this reason we actively support diversity and inclusion and we want to invite you to send your application regardless of your race, sex, age, sexual condition or country of origin, experience, studies ... and we cultivate a collaborative and inclusive work environment that allows us to show the best of ourselves.