FX Testing Manager
We are BBVA, a global financial institution with more than 66 million customers across 35 countries. We were created to help people make the best financial decisions so they can fulfill their dreams. This spirit continues today and inspires us to keep moving forward, as we focus on innovation and our digital transformation.
At BBVA we are leading the transformation of banking worldwide, united in pursuing our goal of bringing the age of opportunity to everyone. Firmly focused on the future, our on-going digital transformation is already producing disruptive innovations that power our vision of banking.
We are a bank with more than 130,000 employees worldwide (54% women) and 72 million customers.
Our values define our identity and are the lever that helps us to realize our purpose: The customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
About the position
- Responsible for reviewing requirements and specifications and defining the test cases conditions.
- Execution of manual and automated testing for functional and non-functional testing.
- Contributing to the build out of automated testing (for both server side and client side components).
- Produce and agree testing estimates for project planning.
- Assist in the execution of test status reporting and day to day communication (during preparation and execution test phases).
- Writing test documentation.
- Troubleshoot QA environments, diagnosing and resolving issues prior to formal testing.
- Maintain a testing structure to facilitate future additions / amendments and on-going execution.
- Undertake Static Data Analysis for all system components throughout all stages of test execution.
- Supporting and utilising company standards for development and testing.
- Effectively follow the software development life cycle, including defect management.
- Communicate effectively with Senior Development & Test Manager.
Required skills and experience
- 5-10 years experience with all aspects of product testing including test planning, documentation, execution, defect management and reporting.
- Have experience in working with in house developed tools and Microsoft Excel for testing purposes.
- Possess proven skills in server side testing, SQL and UNIX.
- Knowledge of test automation methodologies and experience of implementing test automation best practices.
- Highly pragmatic and delivery focused, “can do” attitude and demonstrate the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- The ability to solve problems and apply logical thinking.
- Takes ownership for functional area and is a self-starter.
- Thorough understanding of technology, development, standards and practises.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the FX products, ideally including spot, forwards, swaps, blocks, NDFs and Money Market
- Experience in testing FX ECNs like FXALL, 360T, CNX, Bloomberg, FXALL for RFQ and streaming products.
- Knowledge of Hedging, Risk Routing and Settlement systems.
- Good understanding of trade flows between Front, Middle and Back office systems.
- Good understanding of ESP, RFS, RFSQ pricing models.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment (Knowledge of Agile methodologies)
- Testing web / internet applications using Selenium Web Driver.
- Experience with bug tracking tools such as JIRA and Test case management tools such as HP-Quality Centre
- You have the ability to create new business relationships
- You consider yourself a person with initiative
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
Our commitment with diversity
At BBVA we believe that having a team made up of people with different ways of looking at the world and facing each challenge makes us a better bank.
For this reason we actively support diversity and inclusion and we want to invite you to send your application regardless of your race, sex, age, sexual condition or country of origin, experience, studies ... and we cultivate a collaborative and inclusive work environment that allows us to show the best of ourselves.
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company in which diversity and equal opportunities are paramount
Corporate responsibility is an integral part of our business model, as we promote financial inclusion and literacy and support research and culture. Being part of BBVA gives you the opportunity to develop your career at one of the most innovative companies in the financial sector.