Data Scientist for COE AA CIB
España - Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaría, S.A.- 0001
At BBVA we are leading the transformation of banking worldwide, united in pursuing our goal of bringing the age of opportunity to everyone. Firmly focused on the future, our on-going digital transformation is already producing disruptive innovations that power our vision of banking.
We are a bank with more than 130,000 employees worldwide (54% women) and 72 million customers.
Our values define our identity and are the lever that helps us to realize our purpose: The customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
- As a member of the data science lab for banking, you will work with different product and business units within the banking area(Global transaction banking, global finance and global client coverage) helping them develop data-based products, and generating data driven decisions.
- You will also use your communication skills to share the results of your analyses
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and understand needs and requirements
- Construct and manipulate datasetsusing Python, Scala and Spark
- Design and implement analytic solutions baed on statistical analysis and machine learning
- Create reports with your findings, formulate recommendations, and effectively present your conclusions to analytic and non-analytic audiences
- Collaborate with IT teams to convert analytical proof of concepts into productive modules
To be considered for this
position, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience in constructing analytic solutions to business problems, including: statistical analysis, text mining, machine learning techniques or/and artificial intelligence.
- Experience working with large datasets to develop innovative analytic approaches leveraging internal and external data sources.
- Communication skills to effectively present results to both analytic and non-analytic audiences.
- Programming experience with data science languages: Python,Scala.
- Programming experience in Big Data environments: Spark.
- Knowledge of visualization tools and libraries (Tableau, Shiny, D3.js, etc.)
- Proactivity and ability to work with minimum supervision towards the defined goals
- Working knowledge of the financial industry products/services and operations
- 1+ years of professional experience (data scientist, business intelligence)
- You have the ability to create new business relationships
- You consider yourself a person with initiative
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
At BBVA, we believe that having a team made up of people with different ways of viewing the world and of taking on each challenge makes us a better bank. That is why we actively support diversity and inclusion, and we invite you to apply, regardless of your race, gender, age, sexual orientation, country of origin, experience, studies, etc.
We nurture a collaborative and inclusive work environment that enables us to show and develop the best we each have to offer.