Global Markets Lawyer
Red Exterior - BBVA Red Exterior de oficinas - 9901
We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
Global Markets Lawyer - BBVA
BBVA is hiring a lawyer in the London office to join its dynamic and busy Global Markets legal team, reporting to a senior legal counsel, where exposure to a significant breadth of product areas will provide an excellent platform for professional development and opportunities for growth in a leading international bank.
- Providing English law advice to the Corporate and Investment Banking division of the Bank, both locally and to the head office and international branches.
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on a wide variety of contracts relating to, but not limited to, derivatives, fixed income and structured products (including ISDA confirmations, prospectuses, final terms, distribution agreements and confidentiality
- Analysing and advising the business areas on all relevant regulatory matters (e.g. MiFID II, EMIR, BRRD, BMR, Prospectus Regulation and related UK legislation and statutory instruments) and ensuring that contracts remain in compliance with applicable law and regulation.
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on debt capital markets transactions.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating master agreements (e.g. ISDA, CSA, GMRA, GMSLA).
- Reviewing lending documentation such as LMA credit facilities and security documents.
- Liaising with outside counsel on various matters as and when required.
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes that may affect the Bank.
The candidate must be a qualified solicitor in England and Wales.
- Would suit candidates with up to 5 years post-qualification experience (PQE) working in a top international law firm; prior experience in an in-house legal department is also helpful.
- Ability to work well and efficiently under pressure - working outside core office hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage a high workload consisting of a wide range of multiple competing tasks for various business areas.
- Robust and thorough approach to drafting and reviewing of documentation.
- Strong ability to work effectively in multi-cultural, geographically dispersed, virtual teams.
- Good understanding of the regulatory aspects of banking and finance.
- Spanish language skills helpful but not essential
Additional Essential Attributes:
- A punctual, professional and reliable team player.
- An understanding of the necessity to provide a high standard of customer service to clients
- An interest and enthusiasm for this area of law and business.
- You have the ability to create new business relationships.
- You consider yourself a person with initiative.
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments.
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
At BBVA, we believe that having a team made up of people with different ways of viewing the world and of taking on each challenge makes us a better bank. That is why we actively support diversity and inclusion, and we invite you to apply, regardless of your race, gender, age, sexual orientation, country of origin, experience, studies, etc.
We nurture a collaborative and inclusive work environment that enables us to show and develop the best we each have to offer.