LOCATION: FL-JACKSONVILLE-GATE PARKWAY
Senior Trust Advisor I
USA - BBVA SECURITIES
At BBVA, we are leading the transformation of global banking with the aim of bringing the opportunities of this new era within everyone's reach. We are a global financial institution present in 30 countries with over 75 million customers. We are a bank with over 126,000 employees across the world and every one of those employees is leading and designing his/her professional career with the help of tools provided by the organization to make that happen.
Corporate responsibility is an intrinsic part of our business model, promoting inclusion and financial education while supporting research and culture. Being part of BBVA means developing your career in one of the most innovative companies in finance.
We started out with the spirit of helping others make the best financial decisions. That spirit remains with us today and encourages us to keep moving forward, prioritizing innovation and digital transformation so that we can bring the opportunities of this new era within everyone's reach.
Our values define our identity; they are what drives us to make our goals a reality and they guide all of our actions and the decisions we make.
- The customer comes first.
- We think big.
- We are one team.
Administer trusts and related accounts per the policies and procedures of BBVA Compass, while delivering consistently superior client service. Provide significant financial and estate planning guidance to colleagues and clients. Maintain significant contact with clients, professionals, and other parties in interest. Develop and obtain new business for Global Wealth.Has account responsibility for trust and other WM related accounts residing on the trust accounting system. Is the primary account officer
on the accounts assigned, responsible for all aspects of administration per the policies and procedures of BBVA Compass. Responsible for delivering outstanding client service to account base and potential clients. Responsible for the retention of client base, cross-sell goals and the growth of new business. Serve as primary source of financial and high-level estate planning guidance to colleagues and to clients and prospects. Ongoing, outstanding interaction/participation with Centers of Influence as well as bank colleagues and various WM/bank sponsored events. Responsible for the supervision of assigned fiduciary assistant.
- Account Administration: Administer all trust, estate and other WM accounts in an efficient and profitable manner, and consistent with the law, the governing instrument and BBVA Compass policies and procedures (45%-55%).Education/Experience
- Client Management: Serve as primary contact for trust and certain other accounts. Provide clients and potential clients with highly credible fiduciary expertise and effectively represent said capability in client meetings and new business presentations (15%-20%).
and Marketing: Develop new account relationships for WM. Cross-sell fiduciary and other WM products and services. Provide key support to WM and other Bank colleagues in the sales effort of fiduciary and related products. Retain current relationships at a satisfactory level. Maintain and develop relationships with the estate and trust professional community (30%-35%).
- Continuing Education: Maintain continuing professional education in order to stay abreast of the various laws, etc. affecting estate and trust administration (5%).
- Coaching and Mentoring of Fiduciary Assistant: Provide ongoing guidance and supervision of assigned fiduciary assistant (5%).
- College degree (or 10 plus years administrative fiduciary experience).
- At least 6 years previous trust department/fiduciary services experience in administering trust accounts.
- Attainment of CTFA certification will be required within three years unless have JD.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong client, professional and public contact skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the provisions of the state-specific Probate Code, the state-specific Trust Code, and the state-specific Guardianship Code.
- Knowledge and understanding of the various concepts, laws, regulations, and procedures affecting estate and trust administration, in particular trust law, federal estate taxation, community/separate property, federal income taxation, real property, oil and gas, closely-held business interests, and other pertinent areas.
- Knowledge and understanding of fiduciary liability issues.
- Ability to develop and obtain new account relationships for WM.
- Ability to handle change well.
- Standard PC and associated software skills.
- Ability to learn various bank computer systems.
Required: None required
Preferred: MBA, Law Degree and/or CTFA
Note: This job has multiple levels (i.e. I, II, III, etc.). The posted job description includes the qualifications associated with the entry level position. If hired, you may be placed at a level above the entry level position. The level of placement will be based on experience, education and skills.
Additional Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have a desire to prospect new clients, build partnerships and create lasting relationships with new and existing clients. Law degree and at least 3 years applicable experience is preferred.
Note: Required to meet credit history and criminal background requirements associated with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry registration process, to include FBI fingerprint criminal history report and review of credit report
Note: Must meet credit history and criminal background requirements associated with Financial Industry Regulatory Authority registration process, to include FBI fingerprint criminal history, review of credit report, civil litigation, liens, and other public records
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility
is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35 (c)).
Individuals with Disabilities
BBVA Compass, BBVA Securities Inc., and BBVA S.A. New York Branch invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply for employment opportunities. If you are a U.S.-based job seeker with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by emailing: email@example.com or by calling toll-free (in the U.S.) 1-844-664-9275. Please indicate the specific type of assistance needed*.
*The disability access telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related or technical issues, will not receive a response.
BBVA Compass, BBVA Securities Inc., and BBVA S.A. New York Branch have a firm and unwavering policy to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to age, citizenship, color, disability, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, nationality, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, protected veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state or local law. This policy includes all job groups, classifications and organizational units. With regard to employment, this policy extends to applicants and covers our recruiting, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, termination, benefits, compensation and training practices as well as social and recreational activities.
View the "EEO is the Law" & "View the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster" poster. BBVA Compass, BBVA Securities, Inc., and BBVA NY are equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.