LOCATION: TX-HOUSTON-HOUSTON TOWER
TRANSACTIONAL BANKER ANALY II
USA - Compass Bank dba BBVA Compass
At BBVA, we are leading the transformation of global banking with the aim of bringing the opportunities of this new era within everyone's reach. We are a global financial institution present in 30 countries with over 75 million customers. We are a bank with over 126,000 employees across the world and every one of those employees is leading and designing his/her professional career with the help of tools provided by the organization to make that happen.
Corporate responsibility is an intrinsic part of our business model, promoting inclusion and financial education while supporting research and culture. Being part of BBVA means developing your career in one of the most innovative companies in finance.
We started out with the spirit of helping others make the best financial decisions. That spirit remains with us today and encourages us to keep moving forward, prioritizing innovation and digital transformation so that we can bring the opportunities of this new era within everyone's reach.
Our values define our identity; they are what drives us to make our goals a reality and they guide all of our actions and the decisions we make.
- The customer comes first.
- We think big.
- We are one team.
The Global Subsidiary Banking group forms part of the Global Transactional Banking (GTB) division and is an integral part of BBVA’s global Corporate & Investment Banking(CIB) network, enabling us to provide our top-tier multi-national clients with banking coverage for their US subsidiaries. The Global Subsidiary Banking strategy is to provide consistent, in-depth and dedicated coverage across the BBVA network with the goal to deepen our relationship with our customers.
The role is to proactively support the local Global Subsidiary Bankers (GSBs) to enable them to deliver on the overall strategic and financial objectives of GTB, improve client engagement, maximize operational efficiency and allow the GSBs to spend more time with clients and grow income.
The incumbent will work closely with the GSBs in preparing call reports, research for the client and sector/industry, financial/operating analysis, profitability analysis and other materials needed for internal committees/reporting and external client presentations. In addition, supporting GSBs at client meetings, preparing materials and presentations, coordinating the onboarding and credit approval process, product and solution implementations on behalf of the GSBs, and ensuring that appropriate Customer Relationship Management and other systems are kept up to date and used efficiently.
The incumbent will also take responsibility for dealing with all aspects of clients’ onboarding, credit application process and renewals, and working on ad hoc projects for the head of GTB.
- Providing support to the GSBs to enable them to meet customer needs
- Acting as a key point of contact to customers to provide ongoing day to day support
- Preparing financial proposals, client presentations, and undertake analysis for both existing and prospective customers
- Detailed customer research, financial and credit analysis, local and global profitability analysis in coordination with the local GSBs, Global Bankers and product partners, to present to opportunities to our business and risk committees
- Supporting on day-to-day activities including client planning, pipeline management, coordination with product partners
- Attend client meetings as necessary with GSBs
- Maintain the Customer Relationship Management system for pipeline and profitability reporting
- Ensure integrity of domestic/global profitability information is adequately reported in our global client management and profitability tool
- Participate in the deals and discussion with clients alongside the GSBs to gain as much experience of client management and cross-border banking
- Effective interaction with global CIB Bankers and product partners across the organization
- Ensuring consistent application of BBVA policies and adhere to regulatory, financial, and legal standards to minimize business and reputational risk
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in banking with a specific focus on corporate banking, cross-border banking or transaction banking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, with a desire to be in a client facing role.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with adapting quickly to new applications and service platforms
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint and MSWord. Google product suite experience and proficiency, preferred.
- Self-starter, team player and ability to work independently and take ownership of assignments
REQUIRED: None Required
PREFERRED: None Preferred
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility
is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35 (c)).
Individuals with Disabilities
BBVA Compass, BBVA Securities Inc., and BBVA S.A. New York Branch invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply for employment opportunities. If you are a U.S.-based job seeker with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling toll-free (in the U.S.) 1-844-664-9275. Please indicate the specific type of assistance needed*.
*The disability access telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related or technical issues, will not receive a response.
BBVA Compass, BBVA Securities Inc., and BBVA S.A. New York Branch have a firm and unwavering policy to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to age, citizenship, color, disability, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, nationality, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, protected veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state or local law. This policy includes all job groups, classifications and organizational units. With regard to employment, this policy extends to applicants and covers our recruiting, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, termination, benefits, compensation and training practices as well as social and recreational activities.
View the "EEO is the Law" & "View the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster" poster. BBVA Compass, BBVA Securities, Inc., and BBVA NY are equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.